- Lupita N'yongo's dress makes her look like the Mr. T of pearls. No necklace? Missed opportunity. /s
- Patricia Arquette sounds as stoned as Ethan Hawke did. She's gonna be great getting her Oscar. Get her a comb.
- So-so opening on
#Oscars2015. Weak jokes. OK song. J.K. Simmons wins the first foregone conclusion award.
- Boy, NPH is really foundering. The jokes and bits are really labored, requiring explanations and tap dancing.
- I liked this Maroon 5 song better when it was called "Puberty Love" in Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. 22 mins in only 1 award.
- OK, the "armored ride when the revolution starts" joke was the first LOL of
#Oscars2015. More of this, please. #Oscars2015 is officially a boring trainwreck. Terrible pacing. Even "Everything Is Awesome" can't save this, that was this year's "Happy."
- Can you imagine if they didn't waste so much time on painful schtick so the winners could finish their speeches?
- Did Goop steam-clean her vajoo before putting on her
#Oscars2015 throwback Nolan Miller dress? Couldn't they get a bigger mic for McGraw?
- Jesus? #Oscars2015
- And the 1% of the 1% attending
#Oscars2015 go crazy for Patricia Arquette's braying for wage equality, something that's a liberal LIE!
- Remember, the
#Oscars2015 LOSERS are getting $167K in swag, which is 4X the ave family income. H'wood underpays actresses, so heal thyself.
#Oscars2015 just jumped the effing shark! Interstellar wins Best VFX over any of the competitors, esp. Dawn of Planet of Apes. BULLSH*T!
- Seriously, Interstellar was a TERRIBLE movie, but the VFX were barely competent. Transfomers wasn't nommed for this crap?
- I liked Big Hero 6, but The Lego Movie should've been in the mix.
- The Prez of the Academy is telling the Hollyweird stars to stop being
nasty to non-liberals, right? Free speech without fear, right?
- 2nd time using "Lift Us Up Where We Belong" as a walk-on cue. What's that about? Couldn't license more tunes?
- Cheevo shouldn't have won last year for Gravity because it was 90% VFX. They need to split Cinematography in two.
- Another year comes & goes w/o
#Oscars using Jim Carroll's "People Who Died" for the In Memorium reel. Instead J.Hud reminds us we diet fail
- Samsung ad reminds me I need to get back to watching Key & Peele. I'd totally watch Found!
- Naomi Watts wanted to wear a tube top or gray apron - decided to wear
both. Bernadette Cumberbund is serving drinks at Guv Ball.
- The two best things about Whiplash have won, so it can go away now.
- The way they're announcing
#Oscars2015 presenters as "Oscar nominee" because of PAST nominations is confusing. Terrance Howard WTF?
- And now the "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" LIE of Ferguson is given the full
#Oscars2015 production number treatment. This spits on King's dream.
- Wouldn't it be great if after that tear-inducing performance that "Everything Is Awesome" won? There's be a riot in the
- Tonight we learned that John Stephens and Lonnie Lynn have been working under fake names.
#Oscars2015 Now they tell racialist lies. Fun.
- Hey, John Legend, ever think that the reason so many black men are in prisons is that they've committed crimes? How about you board them?
- There's no way this show is going to wrap up at 11:30 with all the lame
schtick and social justice BS punctuating the boredom of
- Wowsers! Lady Gaga just salvaged
#Oscars2015 with that KILLER Sound of Music medley. Julie Andrews is the cherry on the moment.
- I'd like to believe Birdman's Best Original Screenplay win bodes well for it's overall
#Oscars2015 chances. Boyhood MUST NOT win. Period.
- Imitation Game writer shows how to make an
#Oscars2015 speech about something personal not self-indulgent rage-mongering. Good job, sir.
- WTF is up with the massive turquoise necklaces like that mess yoking Cate Blanchett's tasteful black
- Eddie Redmayne wins for the imitation game; all he did was imitate a living person. Michael Keaton should've won
#Oscar for creating a role.
- As we pass the 3-1/2 hours mark for
#Oscars2015 we return to the locked case for a weak payoff of the gag. #SoNotWorthTheTimeWasted
- Whew! Birdman wins Best Picture. Too bad Keaton got robbed, but so glad Boyhood (aka 12 Years A Movie) didn't win a damn thing.
#Oscars2015 a terrible show. NPH was a disappointment. Too much libtard BS. Gaga ruled. Time to watch Walking Dead. Buh-bye #DropMic
Posted in Labels: oscars
Monday, February 23, 2015
It's that time again for the collected tweets I fired off @DirkBelig during the Academy Awards.
Posted by Dirk Belligerent at 12:09 AM