- If you had Ellen wearing a dress in the
#Oscars pool, what were you thinking?
- Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto are both wearing white tux jackets, so it appears they'll be serving drinks at the after-party.
- The Somali guy from Captain Phillips is this year's Hang S. Nygor, except he won't be winning.
- Yummy Girl! Short hair looks decent.
- Jared Leto wins and dedicates it to his mom and bro first. Shouts out to Ukraine and Venezuela and has to be running long.
- Ellen's opening monologue was OK. Missing Seth McFarlane now.
#Oscars Jim Carrey is scaring me.
- At the rate of one award per 1/2 hour, they won't be done with the
#Oscars until sometime Tuesday. Pharrel's wearing his Malcolm McLaren hat.
- At this rate, I could watch Walking Dead & Girls and only miss 3-4
#Oscars. Naomi Watts looks like she's auditioning for Young Hillary Story.
- How does Catching Fire not get nominated for Costumes or Makeup
#Oscars? How about The Hobbit being snubbed for Hair & Makeup? Lame.
- Channing Tate-yum comes out to intro contest winners which is the only way he'll be at the
#Oscars. Dude, your Magic Mike bro's gonna win!
- It's ironic that Kim Novak is out there for animation considering her face is absolutely immobile. Scary
- Kim Novak is 81. Her face is not.
- Frozen wins for Best Animated Feature, a category Pixar's weak Monsters University wasn't even nommed for. Good. Pixar blows now.
- Gravity wins Best VFX, filling in the Free Space on your
#Oscars bingo card. Just as with Life of Pi, if it didn't win, it was riot time.
- Wouldn't it be awesome if Pharrell's dancers came out behind Karen O and whoever that guy is at the
#Oscars? Total mood clash!
- Haven't seen 20 Feet From Stardom yet, but it's interesting to see the
#Oscars go for a non-political film, like Sugar Man or Motown.
- Whoa, whoa, Darlene Love; who said you could mention God in front of all these people at the
#Oscars who think they are?
- This Ellen wandering the audience stuff at the
#Oscars is the worst Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ad ever. OK, let's see that selfie!
- Down in front, you're blocking AJ! RT If only Bradley's arm was longer. Best photo ever.
- Lupita Nyong'o is the first Klingon to win at the
#Oscars. (That's what the apostrophe in her name means, right?)
- Does anyone think this pizza delivery running gag that's holding up the
#Oscars show is funny? Lame callback to when Steve Martin did nosh.
- HELL YEAH! Bill Murray shouts out to Harold Ramis at the
#Oscars. I don't think Gravity should've won Cinematography; it's all VFX, like Pi.
- Why is Pink singing at the
#Oscars? Haven't wasted enough time been wasted on Ellen's phone ad wandering? Double-sided tape is the most worn.
- Does this Oz dress blow the Ellen
#Oscars pool? Jennifer Garner is wearing Anne Hathaway's old Oscar-hosting dress. Make it swish!
- Boy, sleep with the director (Baz Luhrman) and win
#Oscars! Two of them! It appears they're not going to play anyone off for talking long.
- Once again, the
#Oscars People Who Died montage isn't backed by Jim Carroll's "People Who Died." It's a gimme, folks! Make it happen!
- Suck it, Obama!
- I wonder who else noticed Sarah Jones, the 27-year-old camera asst who was hit by a train the other day, when the
#Oscars went to break?
- AAAIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!! Goldie Hawn, STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!!! Scary
- Why does Idina Menzel sound like a pitchy American Idol contestant with mushy diction when she sang it so well in the movie? Weird.
- Glad Gravity's score won. Really did what music is supposed to do. Steven Price got a handshake from John Williams, who IS Movie Score God.
- So glad "Let It Go" won over U2's drab pander. And the writers got the EGOT! Cute acceptance speech!
- From Undercover Brother to winning an Oscar for 12 Years A Slave. Way to go John Ridley. Whoa! Spike Jonze won?!? Play "Cannonball!"
- Sidney Potier is 87. So is his face. Thank God for that. Alfonso Cuaron wins Best Director for his 2nd
#Oscars. Will he turn the hat trick?
- Cate Blachett's
#Oscars dress looks like it has fishing lures all over it. Haven't seen Blue Jasmine yet, but Amy Adams was great in Hustle.
- Matthew McConaughey (yeah, I have to Google the spelling) completes his career overhaul at the
#Oscars. 6 years ago he was in Surfer, Dude.
- I guess those billboards playing the White Guilt Card - "It's time." - paid off for 12 Years A Slave at the
#Oscars. Guess I'll watch it now
- Overall, Ellen was pleasant, but bland. The
#Oscars show lacked surprises and could've been under 3 hours if they'd cut the schtick.
Posted in Labels: oscars
Sunday, March 2, 2014
Another year, more snark, mostly on Twitter. Refresh for updates...
Posted by Dirk Belligerent at 8:30 PM